Basic Trendy

Crystal Rogers: Where Is She?

Crystal Rogers 35 years old mother of 5 disappeared on July 3, 2015, and is supposed dead by authorities.

54-year-old Tommy Ballard was shot in the chest by an anonymous person while waiting in a field for his grandson to go hunting. His family thinks the exact person is credible for both Tommy’s casualty and Rogers’ disappearance.

Here are some facts about this case.
Crystal Rogers vanished on July 3, 2015.

FBI says it's nearly finished with Crystal Rogers investigation after  taking over Bardstown cold case | In-depth |

According to her boyfriend Brooks Houck, Crystal Rogers was last noticed on the night of July 3, 2015. In an interview with Nancy Grace, he told her she stayed up late playing games on her cell phone and was gone the following morning from the home where they resided with their 2-year-old son, Eli, and other kids. According to radio station WBKR, Brooks did not report her missing for two days, and eventually, it was her own family that went to the police. “I told him ‘I’m going to the Police Department to document her missing,’ and he said, ‘That’s what you should do,’” Rogers’ mum Sherry Ballard told The Kentucky Standard. On July 5, police discover Rogers’ maroon Chevy Impala vacated with a flat tire on the shoulder of the Bluegrass Parkway. Inside were her handbag, keys, and phone.

Rogers family was skeptical of her boyfriend.

When Rogers disappeared, Brooks said he wasn’t originally nervous about her absence since she frequently went out with friends and stayed out late, sometimes not coming home until the following morning. Rogers’ family, nonetheless, was instantly tense. “The tales just don’t add up. You just don’t go to bed one night and not realize she’s gone and then not a concern when she left the baby,” Rogers’ sister Brooke Ballard told ABC News. “He has not given once to search — or help — or do anything for the family,” she said. In an interview with Nancy Grace, Brooks confessed he and Rogers had a “stressed relationship” at times, but he emphatically rejected having anything to do with her disappearance. “I’m 100 percent, totally innocent in this,” he said. Despite Rogers’ family’s objections, he contended he was enabling search efforts “behind the scenes” and said that his polygraph test was assumed to be ” inconclusive .” Kentucky State Police officially named Brooks Houck a suspect in Crystal Rogers’ disappearance in October 2015, according to NBC News. He proceeded to refute his relation to the disappearance, saying, “My whole family’s name is wrecked for something entirely not even linked to me. […] It’s taking a lot of power and effort. […] I can’t even go on the side of the road without looking like a killer. This is starting to get stupid. I don’t want an attorney. I’m innocent. This, to me, is starting to get silly.” Brooks has never been charged or arrested for Rogers’ disappearance.

Brooks’ brother was fired from the police after being indicted for deterring the inquiry.

On October 16, 2015, Brooks’ brother, Nick Houck was fired from the Bardstown Police Department for allegedly “interfering with the investigation” of Crystal Rogers’ disappearance, according to NBC affiliate WLEX. Nick was indicted for warning his brother that detectives schemed to talk to him and advised him not to talk with them. Nick later told the Kentucky State Police that he only reached his brother to tell him that “they might be attempting to trip him up” and “he should defend himself.” Nick then failed a polygraph test performed by an examiner from the FBI when queried about the case. When met with the results, Nick refuted that he was lying, saying, “I don’t give a goddam what your fcking computer said… You’re dubbing me a fcking liar [and] I don’t want it when people call me a liar.” The police thereafter disclosed video from the Houck brothers ‘ separate police interviews. Nick has never been accused or arrested about Rogers’ disappearance.

Brooks’ friend was charged for telling an untruth to the police.
In December 2015, Louisville’s WDRB reported the detention of Danny Singleton on 38 counts of erroneous swearing after he allegedly lied under oath to a grand jury about the inquiry of Crystal Rogers’ disappearance. According to NBC News, Singleton is a dear friend and longtime worker of Brooks Houck. Singleton later pleaded guilty and was released from prison after being in detention for six months.

Other members of the Houck family were caught up in the inquiry.
When the Houck brothers’ grandmother Anna Whitesides was subpoenaed to occur before a grand jury in June of 2016, the then-82-year-old conjured her Fifth Amendment rights, refusing to testify for the concern she might involve herself. Detectives had wanted to inquire her about a white car of hers they thought was related to Rogers’ disappearance. Whitesides’ lawyer said, “There are lots of aspects, especially in a high-profile case, where there is as frenzied an inquiry as there is here that could ensnare an 82-year-old woman.” That August, Whitesides’ house was scoured, as were the houses of Nick Houck and his mum Rosemary Houck, where numerous pieces of farm equipment were seized, according to WLKY. Whitesides’ house was again scoured in July 2017, following the demise of Rogers’ father, Tommy Ballard. Whitesides has never been charged or arrested for Rogers’ disappearance.

Rogers’ dad was murdered in an unsolved hunting incident.
On November 19, 2016, Crystal Rogers’ 54-year-old dad Tommy Ballard was fatally shot in the chest by an anonymous person while staying in a field for his grandson to go hunting. His family thinks the exact person is credible for both Tommy’s casualty and Rogers’ disappearance. “When that occurred to my husband,” wife Sherry Ballard told WDRB, “it was no accident.” Sherry thinks Tommy was getting close to discovering what occurred to Rogers before he was murdered.

other unsolved killings are haunting Bardstown.
The Rogers and Ballard cases are unfortunately not the only unsolved cases to plague the tight-knit community of Bardstown, Kentucky. In May 2013, Officer Jason Ellis was attacked on his way home from his job and shot many times. The motive and the individual behind his killing stay a mystery to this day. Nearly a year later, in April 2014, 48-year-old teacher Kathy Netherland and her 16-year-old daughter, Samantha, were discovered dead inside their house. WAVE reported Kathy had been shot numerous times, while Samantha had been bludgeoned about the skull, both women exhibiting knife wounds to their necks. Again, the motive and perpetrator have never been inferred. Speaking in the wake of the Ballard shooting, longtime Bardstown resident Betty Greenwell said to WDRB, “All these killings and murders and things going on here — it makes you scared. Very scared.”

Rogers’ aunt vanished in 1979.

In 1979, Crystal Rogers’ Aunt, Freda Sharene “Sherry” Ballard, went missing from Bardstown, according to The Kentucky Standard. The 19-year-old was over seven months expectant at the time of her disappearance, and her remains weren’t discovered until August 1983. They were found on a farm near to where Rogers’ car was discovered. Her estranged spouse, Edsel “Eddie” Barnes, and another man, George Weir, were finally convicted and punished to life in jail for her killing.

Signs have gone missing.

Ever since her disappearance, Rogers’ family has plastered signs around Bardstown and its neighboring populations begging for any data on Rogers. In July of 2017, Brooks Houck’s current girlfriend, Crystal Maupin, was charged after she was allegedly caught on camera ripping up signs related to the investigation. On the first anniversary of Tommy Ballard’s casualty, signs showed up around Bardstown assuming about Brooks’ involvement in Rogers’ disappearance. According to WDRB, Rogers’ family “don’t know who is credible for the signs.”

Both cases stay unsolved.

To date, no one has been charged for the disappearance of Crystal Rogers and the shooting casualty of Tommy Ballard. Rogers’ corpse has also never been discovered. In March 2018, the Kentucky House of Representatives and State Senate passed a resolution honoring them, as well as the casualties of other unsolved Bardstown killings, and persuading witnesses to come forward.

Source: Reddit

Share if you like it