Basic Trendy

Jody Plauche: Son Of Brave Man

What would you do, if a school teacher you trust, abducted and molested your kid? Will you take justice into your own hands or will you let the law have its way?
Well, this is actually what happened back in 1984 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Gary Plauche was a Louisiana dad who had sent his son, Jody Plauche to learn karate.

Jody Was Just 10

Pic: The advocate

Jody was ten years old and his karate teacher was a 25-year-old man called Jeff Doucet. There isn’t a lot of data about Doucet’s background but he’d been abused as a kid.
Doucet spent most of his days with children as a karate teacher in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and had the complete trust of most of the children’s parents. Nonetheless, no one realized he was a child abuser.
It began when he was teaching karate to his students and quickly, he started having a special attraction in the young Jody. Doucet would touch him inappropriately when he was teaching him karate, but to the child, he never guessed his teacher had other intentions.
In February 1984, Doucet abducted Jody and took him to a motel in California where he sexually abused and molested him. Police scoured everywhere for Jody, and he was ultimately discovered after Doucet allowed the boy to place a call to his mum from the motel. California police raided the motel and apprehended Doucet.
On March 16, 1984, Doucet was flown back from California to Baton Rouge to face trial. Doucet reached and was led in handcuffs by police officers through the airport at around 9:30 p.m.


Gary Plauche had gotten data from a local TV worker that Doucet would be brought to Baton Rouge for trial and the exact time. As Doucet was escorted through the airport, he passed the news staff who were taping the scene. He then walked past Plauché, who took out his gun and fired a single shot, directly at the right side of Doucet’s head, at point-blank range.
Doucet instantly fell to the floor, bleeding from a wound close to his right ear. As illustrated in the video below, Plauché placed the telephone receiver down before officers restrained him and removed the gun from his other hand, and then attended to Doucet.
Officers grabbed hold of Plauché and realized who he was at once. They kept him pinned against the bank of telephones, inquiring him as captured on camera, “Gary, why? Why, Gary?.”
The news of this occurrence circulates throughout Louisiana and America as a whole. A lot of people agreed with the shooting as an explanation for the victim’s actions. When questioned by a local TV channel, an airport bartender said;
“I’d a shot him, too, if he did what they say he done to my boys, he’s no murderer. He’s a dad who done it out of love for his kid and his pride”


Gary Plauché was initially accused of second-degree murder but agreed to a plea bargain in which he pleaded no debate to manslaughter. He was convicted to seven years suspended, with five years’ probation and 300 hours of community service, which he completed in 1989.
Plauché suffered a stroke and passed away in 2014 at age 68.

Share if you like it