Basic Trendy

Richard Lee Cody Haynes Jr.: Last Moment


The date of birth of Richard Lee ‘Cody’ Haynes Jr. is April 16, 1993.

Cody resided in Kittitas, Washington with his father, Richard Lee Haynes Sr., four sisters, and Marla Jaye Harding, Richard’s girlfriend.

CPS was dispatched to the residence twice, once in 2001 and again in 2002. This was probably by the children’s school, and as a result, Richard removed his family from public school and homeschooled them.

The CPS report contained allegations of physical and mental abuse, in addition to neglect. According to one witness account, the children were frequently made to stand outside the family house without shoes or warm clothing for hours at a time in the winter, most likely as a form of punishment.

The reasons why Cody’s sisters were allegedly treated far better than he were are unknown. One neighbour stated that they “didn’t even know a kid lived there” because they had never seen him playing with his sisters outside.

The Disappearance of Cody

On the evening of September 11, 2004, Cody and Marla Jaye Harding argued, according to police documents, because Cody refused to do the dishes after dinner.

Richard Haynes was now employed as a tow-truck driver, so Marla punished the youngster by making him sit at the kitchen table for four hours.

What Happened To Cody Haynes?. At Midnight Cody Haynes Was Sent To His… |  by Hannah Marland | Unworldly Oddities | Medium
Source Of Information: Medium

Cody was put to his room at twelve o’clock, and Richard arrived home shortly thereafter.

Richard departed around 2:30 a.m., stating that he was seeking for “auto components.” He did not return until 14 hours later, at 4:00 p.m.

Richard contacted the Washington State Police at 6:36 p.m. to report his missing kid.

This left between fourteen and eighteen hours between the time Cody was sent to his room and the time a family member discovered he was missing. During this period, Cody had no access to food, water, or the restroom, and none of his guardians admitted to checking on him.

This neglect was sufficient for CPS to remove Cody’s sisters from the home; they were placed in Foster Care, where they remained until they reached adulthood.

The Examination

Cody’s stuffed animals were positioned beneath his blanket to make a witness believe he was sleeping there. It is unknown whether Cody committed this act personally.

In addition to his bike, a brown and green camo bag was also stolen from his room, although it was subsequently discovered in the shed behind the family home. Some may conclude that Cody did not flee, as he would have likely taken these clothes and his bicycle with him.

Given that their kid had gone missing, Marla and Richard’s lack of cooperation with the police seemed highly suspect. The couple hired attorneys very quickly and refused to allow police to question the sisters while they were still in their custody.

Eventually, the couple wed shortly after the disappearance, likely to avoid having to testify against each other in court.

Richard was convinced that Cody had fled to the residence of his biological mother. As Cody’s mother resided in Florida, on the opposite side of the United States, this theory is not particularly plausible. It seems implausible that a child of 11 would have the resources, let alone the funds, to make this journey on his own.

During the time that the four sisters were in foster care, the police made a concerted attempt to develop a rapport with them and win their trust in order to ask them questions regarding September 11th.

Eventually, one of the elder sisters came forward and stated that they had been warned not to enter Cody’s room for any reason and that he had been “severely” beaten by his father that night.

In addition, when forced to listen to the beating, the sister reported hearing a loud ‘thud’ before the noise stopped. She then allegedly overheard Marla ask, “Well, what are we going to do now?”

With this evidence, the police were able to secure a search warrant for the Haynes residence in 2005.

They discovered that the flooring of the residence had been altered without the landlord’s knowledge or agreement, presumably to hide blood stains.

In addition, Richard’s car, which he possessed at the time of Cody’s abduction, was trashed two days after Cody’s disappearance, so police were unable to check it for clues.

Cody died as a result of the beatings he received that night, and his father undertook the fourteen-hour journey for ‘vehicle parts’ in order to dispose of his body, according to the most widely held belief among those who investigate this case.

Richard Lee Haynes passed away from cancer in 2018, therefore any secrets he may have held have now perished with him.

Desiree Boucher, the cousin of Cody, and her sister Jamey created the Facebook page Justice For Cody Haynes. The website remains incredibly active in the hopes that the family may obtain answers one day.

Cody Haynes would be 28 years old in 2021. As the 16th anniversary of Cody’s disappearance approaches, it is crucial to seek justice and not let his case go cold.

Share if you like it